Quick Fix When Blink Camera Blinking Red
The LEDs on your Blink camera convey a lot of information about its current status. On your Blink camera, you may notice a blinking red light, indicating the camera is not connected to the Wi-Fi. There might be other reasons behind the Blink camera issues such as an unplugged modem, defective router, or ISP issue.
Today, in this post, we will share with you some easy fixes to resolve the Blink camera connection issues. Follow the Blink camera troubleshooting tips step-by-step and fix the red light on your camera.
How to fix the Blink camera connection issues?
Check internet connection
- Make sure the camera is connected to an active Wi-Fi network.
- If the Wi-Fi is slow or poor connectivity, the Blink device will flash red light.
- In case, try to reboot your home router and then reconnect to the network.
- Open up the Blink app, go to the Settings, and tap on the WiFi.
- Tap on your router’s network name and connect to it using the security key.
- Next, move your camera closer to the router to get proper wifi signals.
- If the above tips failed, reset the camera to the factory defaults or contact the Blink camera support team.
Fix the setup issues
- Misconfiguration or improper setup is another reason why your Blink camera is showing the blinking red light.
- Make sure the batteries are properly inserted into the camera.
- Check if the camera is plugged in the power source and getting the proper power supply.
- The LED light will blink red 3-4 times during the initial setup followed by a repetitive soft blink light until the internet connection is established.
- If the red light keeps flashing but the camera would not connect to the WiFi, that means there is no connectivity.
- Try rebooting your home router and reconnecting to the network.
- Also, make sure the router is securely connected to the modem with the Ethernet cable.
- If nothing works, try contacting your ISP and asking them to fix the Blink camera issues.
- Check if the batteries are inserted into the Blink camera.
- Make sure to charge the camera’s batteries.
- You can reinsert the batteries into the camera.
- If you find any batteries faulty or damaged, replace them immediately.
Reset the Blink camera
If the red light keeps blinking despite using the Blink camera troubleshooting tips listed above, then perform a hard reset on the camera. Resetting your camera will restore all the settings to the factory defaults.
- Locate the reset button on the Blink device.
- Now, press and hold the reset button for up to 20 seconds with a paperclip.
- Release the button when the LED light on the camera becomes solid green.
- Resetting the Sync module will put the camera in setup mode.
- Now, delete your Sync Module in the Blink camera app and install the camera again.
With the steps mentioned above, you can easily fix a blinking red light on the Blink camera. For further Blink camera support, you can get in touch with our technical executives. We have a team of experts who are always available to help you resolve your blink camera issues.